The lot of people who are using the windows 1o are reporting the issue of the slowing down of the OS because of some processes. It consumes a lot of CPU. The processes like ntoskrnl.exe are proving troublesome for the windows 10. It practically eats up the entire RAM and the massive portion of CPU. Here are some of the steps to solve the memory leaks of the windows 10 due to usage of the CPU.
The possible ways to fix the issue
Instead of modifying the advanced system settings in your PC you have to make sure first that your PC is not affected by Malware. Many of the users would have upgraded their PC from the older version of windows 7 or 8.1. Also check out, best media players for Windows computer from this post.
You can install the anti-malware tools like the Malware Bytes to make a deep scan of the device. Take the necessary step to solve the problem of windows 10 memory leakage. After the scanning reboot the device.
How To Fix High CPU Usage In Windows 10
1. Registry hack
- Click the win key+ R
- Type “Regedit” and then press enter option.
- Go to the ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management’.
- Search for the ‘ClearPageFileAtShutDown’ and alter its value to 1.
- Now at last restart the computer.
2. Solve the driver issue
Open the ‘device manager’ and the option ‘scan for hardware changes’.
Adjust the windows for the performance that is best
- Right click on the ‘computer’ icon and there will be an option ‘properties’ select it.
- Select the ‘advanced system settings’.
- Now go to ‘system properties’.
- There will be ‘settings’ select it.
- Opt for ‘select for best performance’ and click ‘apply’.
- Click ‘Ok’ and restart the computer.
Disabling of the start-up programs
- Click winkey+R
- Type the word “dfrgui” and click Enter.
- On the new window select the hard drives you like to defragment preferably the drives where the windows is installed.
- Click on ‘Optimize’ and continue following the instructions on the screen to finish the process of defragment.
- Now at last restart the computer.
Uninstall any number of pre-installed applications you may contain. Here are the tips to remove the pre-installed and the other apps in the windows 10. Recommended post, windows torrent clients.
3. Kill ntoskrnl.exe
- Clean and tidy up your PC using a dependable anti-virus application.
- Update any faulty, troublesome, out-dated drivers.
- Disable the runtime broker to fix the high CPU and memory usage.
- Go to the start menu and there you will find the settings app and open system option. Go to notifications and options and unselect the option ‘show me tips about windows’. Now reboot the computer.
The cause of the windows 10 memory leaks
People have claimed on some of the reddit and Microsoft forums are the main cause of the windows 10 memory leaks are the faulty drivers. If you have the RAID disk drive setup update them whenever they are in need of an update. You must also try updating the other drivers also because the problem might be caused due to OS and drivers that are unmatched.
There is also a suggestion to the windows 10 users to update manually the networks, graphics and the sound drivers. This step has increasingly helped the users to fix the high usage of CPU. The Microsoft has taken full control of the process of update.
There is also an important discussion about the Runtime Broker that has a system process which takes a large bite out of the CPU Because of its poor memory optimization. The ntoskrnl.exe of the windows 10 does not deliver any productive results to the PC. Therefore you can disable it for the better performance of the PC.
There will not be any serious memory leakages. If you want to disable the Runtime Broker go to the ‘settings’ and open the ‘system’. In the system window search the ‘notifications and actions’ and unselect the ‘show me tips about windows’. At last restart the PC to normal and fix the high usage of CPU.
These are some of the tips you can use to enable your computer to work properly. Elimination of the unnecessary files on the go can help you to save the CPU as well as the RAM of your PC.